A collection of news stories from around the state, focusing on the budget cuts and other news of interest to UF faculty, students, staff, and alums.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It's time to fully fund education, St. Petersburg Times

October 13, 2008

As a high school teacher for Pasco County, I am very disappointed to hear our district, along with every other district in Florida, will experience further budget cuts.

I am being asked to do more with less; to live with the fear that my career may be cut short because I have been teaching only seven years and others in my school have been teaching far more; to live with my already small salary and not to see an increase in my wages; to live with the fear that my district may not even be able to afford my benefits.

To read the rest of this letter to the editor, click here.